Ruminations

Blog dedicated primarily to randomly selected news items; comments reflecting personal perceptions

Thursday, April 12, 2012

 Welcome To Life . . .

Parents, new parents in particular begin worrying fairly early in their caretaking role of infants about the safety, security and well-being of those tiny creatures that nature has left in their care.  And what of the parents who face the misfortune that nature has given them a child still-born?  A dreadful personal loss, one that parents the world over have faced as their own personal tragedy.

In Argentina, a premature-born baby weighing 1.76 pounds was attended by medical professionals clustered within the delivery room where Analia Bouter awaited word from the nurses, the doctors, that all was well in the delivery of her child.  She was informed, however, that the child was still-born.  The grieving parents left the hospital, then returned, to look for the first and last time at their child.

"I went with Fabian, my husband, at around 9:00 p.m. to see her body.  We opened the drawer and I touched her hand.  I felt her look at me and when I saw her alive I fell to my knees.  Then suddenly she let out a cry.  She was freezing in there.  She was all covered up and full of something that looked like frost."  The baby was in the hospital morgue where bodies are kept refrigerated until interment.

"I folded back the blanket and we saw her hands moving.  I couldn't believe it.  I was speechless.  It was like she was waking", Fabian Bouter, the baby's father further clarified.

"I don't know who is to blame, and I'm not thinking about it as this moment.  The joy of knowing she's alive is covering every other feeling.  I'm a Christian, and I believe this was a miracle of God", exclaimed the baby's mother ecstatically.

Five people, doctors and nurses, have been suspended of their duties as an investigation into the event is undertaken.  The health undersecretary of Chaco province in Argentina's north, declared the incident to represent a disgrace. The attending doctors at the birth had insisted the baby had no vital signs.

The baby was rescued from the morgue where she had been placed after birth, after having spent a full twelve hours there once the doctors had declared her still-born.  She is held to be gravely ill, in critical condition.

These young parents need another miracle, one that will allow their tiny daughter to surmount the ill fortune that greeted her upon birth.
Analia Bouter, mother of baby declared dead then found alive
Analia Bouter and her husband Fabian Veron pose for a photo outside the hospital in Resistencia, Argentina, April 11, 2012. Bouter found her baby alive in a coffin in the morgue nearly 12 hours after the girl had been declared dead.
(Credit: AP)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
()() Follow @rheytah Tweet